Thursday, April 24, 2008

LFA: Keeping Up?

We are doing well over here but we are so incredibly busy, busy, busy! Lots of appointments right now - eye doctor, dentist, and the lingering lab tests that still need to be done (our goal is to get them done next week!) Every day flies by!

Papi took some days off work and it was really wonderful to have that time together to catch up on things and enjoy each other's company.

Tonight we are going to a little orientation at the school to look around and meet teachers.

Today is our 9th week home together and we can hardly believe it! We love being a family together and are constantly amazed how God matched us up with our children and them with us as their parents! We are continually learning about each other and blending together more & more. It is really special! We have a lot of laughs and so much joy!

Right now work and home life are very consuming! It is such a challenge as we attempt to keep up with everything & everyone, let alone our own household needs - phew! We will try to post more soon. Thanks for checking in with us!

6 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Julie & Karl!!!
Glad things are going well! I understand how busy it gets...sometimes I feel like I'm spinning a wheel like the hamster and it's going so fast I can't get off! Round and round...day after day...and the piles of clothes, well, they never end!

That's ok, though...at the end of the day the hugs and kisses make it all worth it! So, glad everyone continues to bond and grow together. I love the picture on the cake and also, scratch and play toy! How precious! We will continue to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers!

janine said...

Hey! So glad to hear from you!

Eventually it will settle down . . . eventually, I promise! It honestly took me about a year to not feel as if I was going crazy most of the time. I am also getting better at having the kids help out with certain tasks (age appropriate) and that has lightened my load a bit. I also think my standards of cleanliness have loosened! . . . sometimes it's worth having a dirty kitchen if I can spend some concentrated time with the kids! That's tough for me, but I see how the kids react to it and know it's necessary!

love!

John, Patty, Tiffany & Brian said...

Hi Julie & Karl! Glad to hear things are going good. I totally understand about the days flying by. SInce Brian started school though, things have calmed down a bit and I can get more work done around the house. I start back to work Monday so we will have to get used to another routine soon. I also loved the picture on the magna-doodle thing. Can't wait to see the next update. Take care.

The Jensen Family said...

Glad to see an update as I try to check adoption blogs every few days. It sounds like the game of life has wrapped you up with tons of responsibilities and meetings. I hope things continue to go well and that those three, beautiful children continue to be the light of your life!

Traci

David and Sheila Derr said...

Hello Karl & Julie!

David and I are just catching up with a lot of blogstalking! We are glad to hear that you are doing well and continue to look forward to your updates!

We continue to pray for you all of you as you settle into being a family of 5! May you continue to see God's hand of work in your family!

Many blessings!

Debbie said...

I had forgotten how difficult it can be to keep up things with a little one in the house let alone three. It does get better though, as I'm sure you're finding out. Can't wait to meet you and the kids someday.

........................

........................

........................

........................