Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quite Different Than Last Week

We went to a follow-up eye exam for Anji today and got great news that her eyes are responding really well to her glasses and that her vision in both eyes is now pretty much equal. We will need to go back in 6 months to have her vision checked again but were so thankful for the progress! At this point, patching will not be necessary!

Andres and Claudia did really well during the appointment and got stickers from the Doctor for their superb behavior and have gotten three more stickers today from Mami for their great attitudes and cooperation! And, they got to enjoy lunch out with me too!

It has been such a refreshing change from last week! Each of the children has been so much more well-behaved this week - much less testing, disobedience, and bad attitudes! Much quicker to listen and to what we ask them to do. Yeah! Way to go niños!!!

Today I must have felt brave because for the first time I attempted Sam's Club with the kids alone. I still cannot walk so I have to use the motorized cart but the kids did fantastic and held on to the sides just like they would have if Papi was with us! I was so proud of them! It was not a huge shopping trip but we picked up a few things and it was nice to get out of the house for a while together!

There is a lot to report and many photos to share but NO TIME to do any of that right now but wanted to quickly check in with an update :) More to come soon!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So glad that your week has gone better! Hope your foot is healing up too.

........................

........................

........................

........................