Wednesday, March 12, 2008

LFA: Adventures in Parenthood

Do you see a problem with this picture?



You should . . . you can see more than one if you look closely!



Sweet Little Hijas! Hanging out watching for Papi to come home!


Every day is certainly an adventure in the Armstrong household! The top picture makes me laugh because it totally typifies a day in the life of Mami at home with the kids! It is like a big juggling act! Dressing three kids alone is hard work, let alone feeding them, trying to keep the house clean, teaching them to make their beds and fold their pj's (girls) and clean up their toys. From the top picture, you can see what their idea of a "tidy" bookshelf looks like! Wowsers!
The kids are doing very well and have been praised over & over for their good behavior and good attitudes - especially for the past 3 days! We have only had one time-out necessary in this window of time which is a big change from the usual, and it was for Anji who is a extremely well-behaved and cooperative almost all of the time but told a lie to Papi. We are very thankful! Yesterday each the kids got to pick out an item as a reward and we ate lunch out as a treat as well! It was fun!
The kids room sure smelled funny this morning. I looked around and didn't see anything . . . hmmmmm? Shortly after, Andres woke up . . . Yes, Mami survived one of the worst diaper experiences known to humankind today. It was horrible! I will spare you the details but will tell you I had to bathe him (by myself - and he hates baths!) and I need to wash a bunch of clothes and blankets too.
We also went to Wally World to pick up needed items and some very basic groceries. It went okay. Of course, WW didn't have some of the things I was looking for (like size 3 nighttime diapers!!!) but I came home with most of my items crossed off. I bought a big box of refill wipes before we went to Colombia and had much wipe experience . . . well, to our horror, when I refilled our wipe box, the new ones didn't pop up! Aaaahh! Even Papi hates the wipes! So, today I bought the ones that are interlocked for ease of use - phew! Hey, when you are wrestling your kid to get him all cleaned up, you don't have time to try to pick up the next wipe that's stuck to the rest of the stack with your fingernails! Every second counts!
As we approach the end of week three at home, we are very pleased with how things are going! We all love each other so, so, so much and are very happy together! We are thankful to God for lavishing us with His grace, mercy and favor!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! Hang in there, you are doing a great job!

Amy said...

Hi there! We still have days when pants are put on like that! Brandon thinks wearing his pants like that is a hoot! :)

Laura S said...

Good luck finding size 3 nighttime diapers! We finally just bought size 4 even though Mateo was a little small for them. The regular ones just weren't enough...so better that they are a little big and hold everything than the right siz but wont make it through the night.

Sounds like everything is going well. Congrats!

janine said...

Hi,
I had to laugh at the picture of Andres (and Amy's comment) b/c my boys are the same way! They sometimes "accidentally" put both legs in one pant leg and laugh and laugh about it! They think it is hilarious!

Sounds as if you are enjoying life with your kids! It's so fun to check your blog and see all that happiness!

love!

Anonymous said...

That bookshelf comment is funny...my wife says the same thing about our little tornadoes as well...oh btw, the shelf looks NORMAL! if there is such a thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know all about awful diapers! Let me just say Jake's room smelled like an elephant house one day.... It sounds like you are doing well! Still praying for you and can't wait to meet the little ones!

Christy Fuller

Debbie said...

Love the top photo. I think you'd find it difficult to find a mom that hasn't done something like that, so welcome to the club :-) Oh, and morning blow outs are bad :-( I remember them well and now we leave next Wednesday on our pick up trip so I'm sure I'll get to experience it again in the near future. Yeah!!!!!!!

If interested, check out our blog for some new photos of our Guatemalan princess www.worldofweeks.blogspot.com.

I hope we see you at our Latin American Heritage group trip to Wildlife Prairie State Park on May 3rd. Can't wait to meet you and the kids.

Jenny said...

Actually, I thought the bookshelf looked Quite tidy compared to the current disaster in Sylvie's room : ). I am so amazed at how well the three behave in church!! You guys are AWESOME!
Love,
Jen

Whitney said...

I loved running into you all and hearing your "Spanglish"... so precious how the Lord is bonding you as a family. I have thought of Andres as I have pulled up pants on my little ones this week. :)

Lisa said...

I see nothing wrong with Andres' pants....(probably b/c Adam frequently looks like that--hee,hee). It was so fun to meet your kids in person at the shower; they are SO SWEET!!!
Lisa H

Anonymous said...

I had the best time of my life helping out! Spanglish was fun, and I did not have to change ONE diaper! So, all in all, my visit was super and bonding with the grandkids was just the beginning of a truly loving relationship! I'm waiting for their visit to Grandma's house! Over the dale and thru the woods... to Grandma's house we go! I'm sure the blog will have lots of entertaining reading! Love, Momma G

........................

........................

........................

........................